Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I've been super busy this past week! I've felt pretty overwhelmed and anxious about things. I'm moving to the Independent Living apartments tonight! They're very nice! We get alot more freedom there. We create our own meal plans, cook our own meals, go to the grocery store without staff, etc.... It'll be a good step down from here and will help me even more to transition at home. I'm super excited!! I have been so blessed here getting to know all the patients and staff. Everyone's so amazing and encouraging. Hearing others' stories has taught me so much and really opened my eyes to so many things. I've learned that the more open and vulnerable you are during treatment, the more you get out of it. Even though it's reallly realllly hard sometimes to lay my pride aside and do that! I'm just trying to stay in the moment and soak up as much as I can in my last 2 weeks of treatment.

I can't tell you how much I miss camp!!! I hope I can visit soon. I miss the kids and staff sooooooo much it hurts!!

1 comment:

Darrick & Leslie Seaton said...

We miss you to so much Laura. Know you are loved. ;) Leslie