Saturday, June 7, 2008

Recovery...

.....has been tough. But very eye opening and humbling. I have grown and learned so much these past couple of months. The Lord has made His presence known to me every step of the way. I've watched MANY women and girls come to know the Lord and fall in love with Him. We sang a song at the Ranch at chapel called "It's Gonna Be Worth It". It talks about how deep pain and struggle will be worth enduring because it draws us closer to God. That's where I am right now. (not saying that it's easy or anything) But all the strength I have left in me is God's and that's what is pulling me out of this. I've just gotta keep putting my armor of God on everyday because this is definitely a battle with the enemy. I always have these verses in my head and heart, always holding onto them...

"So to keep me from becoming proud, i was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud. Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. Each time He said, "My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness." So now i am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. That's why i take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I AM STRONG."
2 Corinthians 12:7-10

"But then I will win her back once again. I will lead her into the desert and speak tenderly to her there. I will return her vineyards to her and transform the Valley of Trouble into a gateway of hope. She will give herself to me there, as she did long ago when she was young, when I freed her from captivity in Egypt. When that day comes," says the Lord, "you will call me 'my husband' instead of 'my master'.....I will make you my wife forever, showing you righteousness and justice, unfailing love and compassion." Hosea 2:14-16, 19

"And so, dear [sisters], I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice-the kind He will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship Him. Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect." Romans 12:1-2

Golly! have I EVER learned about His grace and unconditional love! And how He NEVER gives up on us. I am so blessed to be able to have this experience. The Lord has just POURED His love out on me in SOO many ways, it's been mind blowing! Everyone has been so supportive and prayerful, and for that I am SO BEYOND thankful!!! Those letters and packages have shown light on some pretty dark days. I am so blessed to have such an awesome group of family and friends supporting and loving me. It honestly means the world to me. Thank you.

No comments: